Sunday 12 January 2014

Introducing Cheese

Well it's been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time coming, but please allow me to finally introduce you to my boy..........




We visited the puppies on Thursday and, thankfully, the family who had first pick of the boys had visited the day before so we finally got to meet OUR boy. He is just wonderful, as are all of the puppies. He's a bit of an independent munchkin who chose to mostly spend his time interacting with one of us or pootling off on solo adventures.....


....whereas his brother and sisters preferred to pal up for adventuring or wrestling.

He REALLY liked Jacob and that was where he headed as soon as the pups were released from the conservatory  :o)




Next on the Cheese agenda was chomping of the Mummy toes!  :oO



It took him a while to make his way to Sophie but he soon discovered that she is fun  :o)

                

 

After spending over an hour in the company of the litter and watching Cheese in action, I'm 99.9% sure that he is the pup that has been the odd one out in the group photos - the upside down one, the one on Connie's legs. I'm also 100% sure that had we been given the pick of the litter and spent the time observing before making a decision, then he would still have been the one I'd have picked.

Unsurprisingly, he was the last pup to fall asleep when nap time came around!




It was so hard to tear ourselves away, but everyone was snoring and it's only a little while now until he comes home. 10 sleeps! That's all!

Here's an added bonus of a little video of the pups playing. Cheese is the puppy in the last few seconds who goes over to Jacob, bellyflops, then chomps on Jacob's fingers  ;o)



Hopefully, these photos and the video will just about keep me going until Coming Home Day!! After so long, it's still very hard to believe that there will be a puppy here, in my house, in such a short amount of time! I really and truly cannot wait!

We've been given a List of Essentials so, unfortunately, that means that I have to do a little more puppy shopping. Oh dear. How awful! ;o)

You may have noticed, as I had, that some of the more recent group photos have featured 10 puppies and not 11. I assumed that this was because somebody kept wandering out of shot but, tragically, we learned that another little girl was lost at just 10 days old  :'(  I cannot begin to imagine the distress that caused for everyone, but I hope she's having fun playing at the Bridge with her 2 sisters who went before her xx

We are starting to plan the Cheese Tour 2014, so he may be visiting a town near you at some point throughout the year. If you need a squidge, just drop me a line and we'll see what can be arranged  :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment